Daisy has a neuro disorder of some sort that causes her to flap her left hand, scratch her head with her left hand and shake her left leg. The first doctor I talked to about it said that it's possibly due to the brain damage. The doctor's example was: newborns have a lot of random body movements. Daisy was thrown back due to the brain damage to the developmental level of a newborn. Perhaps that's why she does it. Her neurologist says (without even looking at her or getting much of a description from me) that it is seizure. Another doctor told me it could possibly be a harmless sleep disorder.
On Wednesday of this week, Daisy had a bit of an eczema flare. She also has been rather fussy this week. This resulted in Daisy scratching her head in several places. Pair those scratches with the inflammation from the eczema, and her forehead looks pretty bad.
I asked Bio Mom if Daisy scratched herself a lot before the injury. She said yes. She said Daisy's nails are really sharp. I added the fact that Daisy has been like this since birth to my list of "symptoms" so I'd have the full picture the next time we speak with a doctor.
And last, I've been taking videos the past few days of how Daisy hits and scratches herself. It does NOT look like seizure to me so I wanted to SHOW the neurologist.
But this is my life now:
- At yesterday's visit, Bio Mom took a picture of Daisy's forehead.
- Bio Mom emailed said picture to her lawyer.
- Bio Mom's lawyer emailed the picture to Daisy's lawyer.
- Daisy's lawyer emailed the picture to CPS.
- Mr. CW sent me a text asking me what I know about this.
- I explained ALL of the above to Mr. CW and sent him the videos I've taken.
- I scheduled a doctor appointment for Daisy to see her pediatrician this afternoon.
- All it is going to take is for Bio Mom or Bio Mom's lawyer to call the hotline and I WILL be under investigation again.
- Mr. CW told me to be prepared for that exact scenario.
Because in foster care...nothing is normal!