Thursday, July 17, 2014

Internet safety

Daisy is the first cherub I've had with a bio parent that actively uses the internet.

Due to some recent events that have happened and are brewing, I think I need to bring this blog down.

I'm incredibly concerned that Kori will stumble across things and I could get in foster care trouble. I use fake names but I am just a wee bit of a blabbermouth.

I don't want to be done blogging. I enjoy the community and support. And I get a lot of private messages from people considering becoming foster parents thanking me for my brutal honesty.

But I'm a bit afraid that brutal honesty could get me in trouble.

If I disappear, please know that everything is OK. I'm only doing this to protect Daisy and my family from potential problems.

10 comments:

kate said...

Stay safe!

kate said...

If you go private, please send me an invite. Only k8 @ yahoo dot com.

Erica Davidson said...

I found your blog from a family friend that did foster/adopt in Cali. Following along with Daisy's case and would be sad to miss what else happens, but I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND needing to protect yourself and family. They come first. Stay safe, and hope to hear positive things when/if you return :)

Kate Halsey said...

Hope everything turns out ok. I enjoy following your blog and would be sad to see it go! Take care x

chicks3 said...

if you go private I would love to be included. I have learned so much from your blog and I admire your efforts to get the best for your fosters.

Mitzy said...

You gotta do what you gotta do, good luck!

R said...

If you go to a private blog or fb page I'd love to be invited! I've been reading for over a year now, fostering is something that completely fascinates me and your blog is such a great insight into the real world of fostering. I would miss not being able to read!

abrianna said...

You will be missed if that happens.

Annie said...

Even with my blog with fake names, someone found it and posted truly awful things about my children on other mean-spirited sites on the internet. I'm still shaking and shocked, months later, that anyone would have such a mean spirit.

But, I do understand. I started a new Wordpress blog that I had to invite people to. I don't like it since so many of my friends came from chance internet meetings, but I can't do that to my children.

nicole said...

If I go private I would love an invite. I have been a lurker for years