Monday, July 28, 2014

Still no news to report

I've had some people comment that what I've experienced as a foster parent is almost too much to believe.

Trust me. I know. I've lived it.

The drama is exhausting!

Thank y'all for your prayers this past weekend! It seems the concerns that CPS had were not valid *this weekend*. They did surprise Kori at home to check on their concerns. But Kori was not in violation of anything and Daisy remained with her for the rest of the visit. (Well...I'll pick her up from the visit in about 6.5 hours.)

The drama is still quite high. I've got some minor things I'll have to report after I pick Daisy up tonight. (She has flea bites ALL over her!) And who knows, these visits might still get cancelled by the lawyers. I honestly don't now everything that is going on legally.

But for now I'm confident in saying that Daisy is safe. And to me, that's the most important detail.

4 comments:

Meg0422 said...

If I remember right, Daisy acted ok after the 1st few visits but then came back inconsolable. Do you think Bio Dad was there that time and she was traumatized by it?

Cherub Mamma said...

That concern has crossed my mind more than one time!!!

But overnight visits are hard on any kid - no matter the circumstance.

So I try to compartmentalize things and not stress too much.

Otherwise this case would eat me alive.

Karen said...

I'm confused about the minor things you have to report? Are these things from during the visit? How do you know about them if you haven't picked her up?

Cherub Mamma said...

Even though Daisy was still technically on her visit yesterday, I had to meet Kori and Daisy at the neurologist. (Kori can't take her by herself.) So I saw Daisy, and all the new flea bites, prior to picking her up last night.