Sunday, September 21, 2014

Difficult season

Tuesday is the traumaversary of when Dude and Dolly were abruptly removed from our home. The grief isn't nearly as intense. But it's not easy dealing with family members being swept away and not being given a real chance to say goodbye.

Wednesday is Dolly's birthday. I'm sending a small gift. I have no idea if she'll actually receive it or not.

We have court on Wednesday for Daisy. A neighbor is going to watch TT and Bart. That, in and of itself, will be difficult for TT. But knowing that Daisy could be moved - just like Dude and Dolly were - will make court extra difficult.

TT's birthday is just around the corner. Birthdays are hard for lots of adopted kids. TT is no exception.

Football season is close to starting. TT lives and breathes football. He's also a perfectionist of the highest order and completely comes unglued when things in his life don't go perfectly. As you can imagine, football games are not always in his favor. Football increases his anxiety.

I could go on and on. This time of year seems to completely freak TT out and in turn, the whole house becomes somewhat on edge. Add to that the fact that we are all feeling the effects of remembering Dude and Dolly - and worrying about Daisy - and this is no easy season for us.

I covet your prayers.

3 comments:

G said...

Praying!

Annie said...

Poor little guy - and poor you. If I were you, I'd be sick with anxiety.

Paige Lovelace said...

I am so praying for you and I will have my prayer circle pray for Daisy! I have read your blog from the beginning and I am still heartbroken that Dude and Dolly were taken from you so abruptly! I am thinking about you all today! Please give daisy a big hug from me!