- Kori moved to a new home at the first of the month.
- Kori hasn't met the new CPS caseworker, Martin, in person yet.
- Until late Friday afternoon of this week, CPS didn't even have the new address for Kori. She had only emailed Martin and his supervisor to tell them the new town she is living in.
- That means that no home assessment was done at Kori's new home.
(I originally posted this and called it a "home study". Kori wouldn't have to undergo a full home study as we foster parents and kinship providers know it. However, someone from CPS should have come over to look at the home and ensure that it was safe for Daisy.)
- That also means that Bio Dad could have easily been in Kori's home last weekend because there was no threat at all of a surprise visit from CPS because they wouldn't have known where to go.
- Daisy doesn't like the transfer on Saturdays at all. She started fussing as soon as we finished dinner and didn't stop until I put her in the car to leave. Once in the parking lot, as soon as she heard her mother's voice, she freaked out and started screaming. I practically had to peel her off of me to hand her over to Kori.
- I hate being a part of making a baby cry like that.
- Foster care sucks.