Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Star is coming

On Friday last week I finally got a text from our new CPS caseworker. I'm pretty sure she's going to need a blog name. Let's go with Bopper. I mean no disrespect. I must be getting old. But when I saw our new worker at court, I honest-to-God thought she was there for her own case. She looks VERY young. Like maybe 14 or 15 years old young. And when she texts me, she uses a very casual tone of speech and tons of emoticons.

Anyway...Bopper sent me a text message. Her supervisor approved placement of Russell's baby sister, Star, with us. She said from there the decision needed to go to the Program Director and the Child Placement Unit.

I sent a text to the placing coordinator at my licensing agency, Rainbow. I told her that we were getting Star and to be on the lookout for the information.

Yesterday, Monday, I got a phone call from Rainbow. The CPU had contacted her. She approved the placement. Now the whole thing bounces back to CPS.

Bopper is coming to the house today for her first home visit. I figure I'll corner her while she's here to see if she's got a transfer date in mind yet.

I'm as ready as I'm going to be for Baby #2. I've purchased all the essentials. I've also kept all the receipts and I haven't opened anything. This is foster care after all. Anything could happen. I'm definitely waiting a bit on some of the big ticket items. Over the next month or so I'm planning on purchasing:
  • a real crib for Russell (I sold mine after Daisy left, remember? Because we were D.O.N.E. with babies. Boy does God have a sense of humor.)
  • a baby bouncer (I believe a friend of mine is bringing one to me when she comes to visit. But I've got a big house and I know I'll probably want two of them.)
  • a second high chair
  • a double stroller
I'm sure I'll end up getting more things. Babies tend to be easier to care for when you've got special baby things. But I also know that babies don't NEED a lot of things. So I'm trying to be reasonable and not spend money when it's not necessary.

TT and Bart are SUPER excited about a baby coming. They are both convinced that she's going to be a cuddler. Mr. Russell is not a cuddler. Russell is all about the moving and grooving 100% of the time he's awake. TT and Bart are sure that because Star is still so little that she will let them hold her and cuddle with her. They're also pretty excited that Star is a girl.

There isn't much more to say. I spent the weekend filling my freezer with more meals and side dishes. I've literally got enough food in the house to feed our family for almost two months without having to go to the grocery store. Now, we like produce, milk, and I'm not going to make all our bread from scratch so I'll still have to shop. But meals are prepped and waiting. Also, Herman finally got his driver's license last week so I've got another human I can send out on errands. Until he's gainfully employed, he's mine to order around. bwahahahahaha

I'll keep y'all posted on Star's arrival and I'm sure when she gets here I'll flood the internet with entirely too many identity-hidden photos.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Woohoo!! Can't wait to see what happens!

VJ said...

I just have this funny feeling that Star and Russell will be your forever children, I don't know why! Can't wait to see Star be the princess of your house.